You love cooking your meals with the fresh of vegetables and organic produce.
Maybe you are vegan or maybe you are not.
You love the feeling and satisfaction that comes with knowing you eat healthy, fresh food and even better, you can afford to live this kind of lifestyle.
Though there is a price to pay for this – convenience. It’s not always the most convenient thing to do especially with your busy work schedule and family life.
But guess whose here to help?
What is Farmdrop?
Farmdrop is an online marketplace bringing convenience and access to farm fresh food, dairy products and vegetables to consumers at prices cheaper than supermarkets and malls.
With a budget you deem just right for you, Farmdrop meets you at your date, location and time to deliver your produce whenever you need it.
Ned Staple, Ben Pugh
Passion for fresh food produce inspired founders to start Farmdrop.
Headquarters: London, England
Vision: To find fresh farm produce for Londoners around a 5 mile radius. (imagined by us).
The Pitch (The idea in 20 words)
Farmdrop is an online grocery web platform and mobile app connecting farmers, growers and producers directly to consumers.
Ecommerce, Marketplace, Web, Mobile app
- Farmdrop is an application that enables home owners click and order fresh farm produce right to their doorsteps or from a local collection point.
- The platform targets the removal of retailers from the buying cycle in order to pay farmers more than what they get from grocery stores or supermarket.
- The startup aims to bring affordable, highly nutritional and flavor-based locally sourced produce and ingredients to the end users.
- Produce delivered by Farmdrop are sourced from within a 25 mile radius as against those sold at supermarkets which are sourced from 600 miles and beyond.
- Farmdrop partners with 42 local producers and farmers to deliver produce and finished products such as fruits, vegetables, beef, port, eggs, roasted coffee, fresh tortellini, courgette flowers, scotch eggs etc.
- Customers get free home delivery when they purchase goods above 25 pounds.
- By enhancing its logistics efficiency, Farmdrop moves food at the lowest possible cost, ensuring producers receive a higher retail share of each sale.
- Farmdrop delivers same day and next day delivery services.
Farmdrop makes a percentage from margin placed on groceries collected from farmers from sales to end users after giving the producers 75% of the retail sale.
Growth and Market prospects
Farmdrop generated annual revenue of 3 million pounds this year. Among its producers are award winning organic farm, Purton House.
Farmdrop is funded by investors;
Seed: Undisclosed – August 2013
Crowdfunding: 750,000 Pounds – August 2014
Venture: 3 million Pounds – February 2016
Series A: 7.24 million Pounds – April 2017
Total Funding: $14.85 million
Farmdrop has successfully raised investment funding from some of the best venture capital institutions and individuals. Some of these investors include;
- Nigel Wray
- Jamjar Investments
- Alex Chesterman
- Jon Reynolds
- Quentin Griffiths
The future strategy of Farmdrop is to expand into new cities and increase its monthly order strength.
It earmarks to utilise funding to open up new distribution hubs outside London, enhance customer service experience and deploy technology which will help clients effectively manage inventory.
Ecommerce is melting itself into organised service provisions of all kinds of industries including online grocery shopping as families spend 50 pounds more between 2015 and 2016 than they did in previous years in the UK.
This will only increase as individuals and families opt for convenience and price over supermarkets and malls. This will enable farmers earn more and buyers purchase at more cost effective rates.
Farmdrop is disrupting the UK food supply chain by connecting consumers with producers and cutting out supermarkets, malls and middlemen.
Opportunity for Idea Creators
This is an opportunity idea creators can take advantage of and really win.
On the look out to create more value within this industry sector way should be;
- And any other crazy head who thinks and can, can make things happen
Farmdrop is empowering farm owners and producers by helping them earn more when and reap fast turnover for their produce by cutting off the middleman. This is a genuine tech startup idea with a real need which can be implemented across cities all over the world, connecting large scale and subsistence farmers to the end users.
And before you go, please do all or one of these three things;
- Please leave us a comment. I will like to share in your thoughts and have a good conversation with you on this startup idea.
- Click on the icons and share on social media. Somebody somewhere may need this information to move to the next level in life and that person may just be you, receiving a shared content.
- Leave your email above. I will take you through my free starter course so you learn how to strategise for start-ups and get paid.
<?php echo do_shortcode (‘